An Estate Planning and Elder Law Firm
Serving Central Illinois Since 1998 • Elder Care Consultant on Staff
Huffman Law Offices, P.C., provides comprehensive planning services and legal representation to clients in Maryville, the East Metro and surrounding counties of Illinois. Read more about how we can help, or contact us at 866-842-3430 for a free initial consultation.
Estate Planning — Provide guidance to family members in the event of your incapacity or death. Planning now avoids difficult decisions for your loved ones, and allows you to dictate what should happen:
- Wills — Make your wishes known about distributing your assets to beneficiaries.
- Trusts — Preserve your assets for future generations while avoiding probate and minimizing taxes.
- Powers of attorney — Appoint a trusted person to manage your personal affairs and make medical decisions on your behalf.
- Living Wills — Make wishes known regarding life support.
Elder Law — The elderly have special legal issues regarding health care, long-term nursing care and wealth transfer. Even if you do not have the luxury of advance planning, there is much we can do to help:
- Medicaid planning — Management of assets for benefit of client and family members without sacrificing Medicaid eligibility for nursing home care or supportive living facility (assisted living).
- Guardianship — Take control of the financial affairs and health care of an elderly parent or relative who has lost the capacity to manage these matters.
Special Needs Planning — Establish a special needs trust for a disabled child or vulnerable adult to preserve Medicaid eligibility without depleting all assets.
Probate Administration — Settle a family member’s estate efficiently and cost-effectively, while protecting yourself from liability.